04 February 2006

things that don't suck: when you get to meet your hero and he's not a jerk

I didn't get to meet my hero.
but I do follow soccer, and Freddy Adu got to meet his favorite soccer player (coincidentally, also my favorite soccer player) - Zinedine Zidane. he had this to say on SI.com:

I had a nice conversation with Ronaldo, and Zidane was a great guy. It was funny. He'd read a couple interviews I'd done, and I'd said he was my favorite player. So he came over to me and said, after the game, I'd like to take a picture with you, and if you need me to sign anything I'd be happy to do it. He was pure class.

that is bitchin. kind of how you'd hope a super megastar would act if you met them: aloof, yet accomodating. you can't be buddies, because you don't have anything in common. but they can be generous with their time, because it doesn't take much and it goes a long way.

No comments: