09 February 2006

beatings will continue until morale improves (email test)

greetings from lovely Northern CA.

I still can't quite get the blogger to work from my desk at the home office (maybe the company is trying to tell me something?), so I'm trying out this "mail to an address and post" feature. absolutely no idea if it works or not. we'll know soon enough.

in news of the week I was scooped for a blog topic by Super Sam. he writes at length (on donttouchmystuff.blogspot.com) about the idiocy and hypocrisy of the people that are rioting over cartoons that depict the image of Mohammed. I agree with his post so I'm not going to reproduce it here. I don't think people protesting over this perceived slight is a big deal; I think people killing others and firebombing stuff and throwing rocks at embassies (like the US embassy in Afghanistan? what are you doing? what did the US have to do with this?) are retardo. And I think most rational people would agree.

from the raves department, I get to go home today. and I'm pretty damn excited about it.
more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The problem is that beneath sam's ramblings lay a über-conservative racist ideology. I disagree…any sane moral person (note hypocrisy of the religious right and their inability practice what they preach, e.g. morality and compassion) can decipher his vitriolic loathing for all things not white, bright and conservative. I am not defending the reaction to the cartoons just pointing out that the ramblings of an ignorant shallow ideologue do not lend credence to ideas rather detract from them.

Case said...

not sure that it is fair to characterize sam's posting as oober-conservative and racist. I certainly don't see eye-to-eye on some of his views (most notably, teaching science in school, teaching creationism in school, etc), but i do think that asserting his loathing for all things not white, bright, and conservative is going a little far. on that point I disagree.

some of his writing is specifically designed to push buttons, but that's blogging. it'll happen.

my own noodling on the keyboard doesn't necessarily lend credence to anything except the idea that I probably should get more work done when i'm at the office.

and finally, andrew sullivan is a douchebag blowhard that supports the war in Iraq and that retard president Bush. they can both suck it.