20 February 2006

having your birthday off is sweet, and by sweet I mean totally awesome

today is my 32nd birthday.
i'm working to embrace 32. not having any success so far, but i have it pretty good so I cannot (rather, should not) complain. today is a good day.

****************
[Sappy Theological Interlude]
it was kind of a bummer of a week, so I asked my friends if they could pray for me. i'm all about specific prayers, so I asked them if they would ask God to show himself to me in a tangible way, because that's what I needed. By asking for that, I also helped prepare myself for the idea that I would be able to see it when he did. (God is with you all the time, but that doesn't mean you're willing/able to see him.)
God did show himself to me, and he did it by surrounding me with great friends. I got more calls, kind words, and positive attention in the past week than I can remember. I don't think I'm worthy of that kindness, but I'll take it where I can get it, and I'm intensely thankful.
It's good to be me, and I wasn't feeling that a week ago. Thank you God, and thank you, peeps.
[STI concluded]
*****************

having your birthday off is sweet. I have time to do some laundry, play some xbox, gym, enjoy a late lunch, and make myself a cake. good deal. it's back to the usual tomorrow, but the usual is the same as today, but I have to go to work. and there's cake.
thanks for reading. -c-

No comments: