13 February 2006

making love out of nothing at all

I want to throw a shout-out to the jerk that stole the Air Supply Greatest Hits (gold edition) cd out of my car a couple years ago. You also took my All American Rejects CD, and a couple others. Maybe the Ataris. I haven't been able to find that one. My roommate didn't take it. Anyway, what the hell were you thinking? you took my car registration, too. apparently this was of use to you or some registrationless friend of yours. Did you even look at the cd's? Air Supply? sheesh.

This past weekend was a big one for the fat kid. I'm not talking about the olympics. I'm talking about re-caulking the master bathtub. who knew how much fun this could be? first, removing the caulk. a chore, but with some elbow grease and planning this wasn't that bad. it wasn't that good, either. then, you dry out the area. that's easy. I own a fan, so I put it to work. then the hard part: actually getting the caulk onto the surface. this is where things got a little cockeyed.

the caulking gun, though serviceable, is not really made for caulking a steady bead. also I'm a retard. these two things together make for a less than superb line. ahh, if there's isn't time to do it right there's always time to do it over. and over. and over. i ended up doing a couple sections numerous times, employing a variety of implements, and generally making a mess of it. repeatedly. I tested out the f word a few times.

I just don't know how to handle a big caulk. (honk!)

i hope that it'll hold up for a couple more months before I have to go back and do it again. enh, it's not that bad.
but it's not that good, either.
-------------------------
raves: mom got me a new jacket for my birthday. dear mom: you rule. if you want to check it out, go to mountainhardwear.com and view the men's Alchemy jacket. yay, mom. I've wanted one for a while. mine is black. it's bitchin. it's also 85 degrees in the oc today (not a typo), but it's always winter in the office. so i'm wearing it at my desk.

No comments: