12 August 2010

These guys --------------->

Booked my ticket to London. I used airline miles so it was cripplingly expensive, and by that I mean my out-of-pocket cost for my nonstop flight from LAX to London Heathrow was $2.50. And it cost airline miles, which have no meaningful value outside of using them to buy otherwise-too-expensive one-way tickets to and from major European cities. Which is why I used the rest of my miles to buy a return ticket from Madrid. That was 13x as expensive ($32.80), and it brought my out-of-pocket cost above $35. WTF? These are econo-class seats, but at that price I can't complain (much). Just have to make friends with my fellow travelers.

I'll be staying with my peeps in London. They are pictured, in the hat (Ben) and with arms crossed (Seb). Photo was taken in front of the South Coast Plaza Abercrombie store when they were out here a couple years ago. Why a group pic in front of Abercrombie? Better question is: why NOT a group pic in front of Abercrombie? Hah!

In Spain, not sure what I'm doing, except that I'll be visiting Barcelona, Madrid, and some other as yet undetermined cities. I'll be gone for about 18 days. Pumped.

No comments: