30 August 2010

Interntational European Summer of Love Spectacular Tour of Epic Awesomeness and Total Domination is less than two weeks away

Interntational European Summer of Love Spectacular Tour of Epic Awesomeness and Total Domination (IESoLSToEAaTD for short) kicks off in 8 short days. Last time I left the country I had everything packed, sorted, and booked weeks in advance. Lists were made and remade, contents organized, itineraries prepared, etc. This time is a bit different in that it's less than two weeks away and I've, umm, decided what bag I'm going to take. Beyond that, all I know is I'll be in:
  • London from 8-12 September. 
  • Barcelona from 12-? September
  • Somewhere else in Spain ?-?
  • Madrid from ?-22 September

Weather? No idea. Where staying? Enh, with friends in London but not sure yet about Barca/??/Madrid. Is that important? Nah.

What are we doing?
Attending Arsenal v. Bolton on 11 Sept
Maybe catching Atletico Madrid v. Barca in Madrid on 18 Sept
Maybe catching Real Madrid v. Espanyol on 21 Sept
And also watching this in person: http://www.steephill.tv/vuelta-a-espana/
Sightseeing and general touristing (Tate Modern; Museum of Natural History; Picasso Museum; maybe the Dali museum outside Barca; and a couple superb museums in Madrid that I forget the name of)
Carousing

I am pumped to be traveling with Boston Zach, because he sends me emails like this:
----------------------
i love it when i read beach and bar in the same sentence. especially when one appears right after the other as in, "In summer, Barcelona's party scene migrates to its beach bars..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2009/aug/08/barcelona-beach-bars-clubbing-spain
-------------
Just to be clear: Bar research > lodging info

No comments: