16 August 2010

Baby showers are awesome. Ish. Awesome-ish.

This weekends bonus activity was my buddy's baby shower on Sunday (that's him on the right). It presented a series of challenges because a) I wasn't reminded of it until late on Saturday after a long (boozy) day in Newport, and b) I didn't have a gift. Sensing that my prodigious hangover wasn't going to be an appropriate boon I had to visit Pottery Barn Kids first thing, then get over to the breakfast. Being hung over is a drag, but being hung over in Pottery Barn Kids is a vicious cruelty.

I was early and PBK (aka Hell on Earth) wasn't open yet so I took refuge at the bookstore and bought a new book. I'm a soft touch at the bookstore because whenever they ask me if I want to buy a book for disadvantaged kids I always say yes. This time I bought two copies of the SAME book, one for me, and one for some lucky kid. That's how you deliver the win.

It's cool if I still read kids books, right? It is? Good.

No comments: