25 May 2006

smart, yet funny; plus: blogs of note? are you kidding?

Our Man with the Plan David Rees has published a video of himself speaking at Columbia University. (full disclosure: the only people I ever met that went to Columbia were socially retarded, but the sample size was small, like my little pea brain.) The David also sent a short letter out detailing the lecture. here it is, almost in its entirety:
---------------------------------------------
Dear Mailing List,

Last fall I gave a rambling lecture at Columbia University. You can see the video here:

http://cupolitics.org/videos/0506/rees/index.html

NOTE: This is an unedited, 70-minute long video. All the gaffes, pretentious vocabulary errors, and moments of naked self-loathing have been left intact.

TOPICS COVERED IN THIS LECTURE INCLUDE:

-The Thomas Friedman Metaphor Illustration Service
-David Horowitz vs. Michel Foucault
-The Council on Foreign Relations, wizard-related truth behind
-Dennis Miller, role as official spokesman for NetZero dial-up internet access
-Christopher Hitchens, ubiquity of
-Clipart, aesthetic beauty of
-Afghanistan, self-immolation of girls therein
-Political cartoonist, exciting lifestyle of
-A gazelle
-MOST IMPORTANT: My five ideas about foreign policy and politics that I wrote down in the park before my lecture!!! David Brooks I'm coming for your job!

Thanks for your interest,
David Rees
--------------------------------
re: blogs of note, I was tooling around on the interweb recently and I thought I'd take a look at the "blogs of note." I realized it's easier to get a blog than a driver's license, and do you have any idea how many bad drivers there are? maybe it's just tedious reading some anonymous persons stream of consciousness spew. much better if it's someone I know.

No comments: