30 March 2009

Can I get that beatdown supreme with a side of humiliation? Thanks.


Yikes what a week for the fat kid. I got miserably sick and then had that competition. I guess all the training and nutrition issues and stress contributed to the illness because I was miserable on competition day. Definitely not ideal.

In the end it wouldn't have mattered because I was overmatched and outclassed in my first match. Good draw for my competitor, bad draw for me. I got ezekiel choked in 45 seconds. Actual order of maneuvers looked like a jiu-jistu clinic, practiced on me:

1. Hip throw to side control.
2. Full mount
3. Ezekiel choke and done dishes. The ezekiel choke is interesting in that it's an attrition choke, not a constriction choke. The difference is that in an attrition choke you tap because it hurts, instead of because you black out. I had a wicked bad sore throat so that made it hurt even worse, which added insult to injury.

So that sucked. Good learning experience and better to compete and lose than not compete and so forth and so on. I wish I had done some actual jiu-jitsu instead of just flail around, but it's too late now. I'll do better next time. (Can't do much worse.)

On the upside, my team placed third. The first two teams were from super-huge BJJ academies, literally 10x-20x the size of my school. And then there was us. So that was superb.

No comments: