21 June 2010

It's the little things (part III)

Busy day yesterday. After I rinsed off my hangover with some laps/wall push-ups at the pool and watched some football (world cup style), I rediscovered the excellence of my acoustic guitar.

I hadn't made time for her for 6 months, which is criminal. So yesterday I got the itch and sat down for an extended visit. Tuned and strumming in 5 minutes, it was like I never left. Even the strings were still in good shape. My skills (such as they are): not so much.

What brought me back to the guitar? Well I got a kick out of this cover of Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine:


Unfortunately the fingerpick style (though slow) was beyond me after such a long layoff. Better to warm up with something a bit more accessible. Which brought me to this chords version:



That I can play. Not very well (yet), but we're getting there.

No comments: