22 June 2010

Is that pithy, or cliche? Or both?

I've been a big fan of fitness instructor Rob's teaching style since I first took his yoga class at my gym. The gym can be a bit much, but they pay the people that work there to be super nice and welcoming, which is good because it helps someone like me feel comfortable trying new things, like yoga class, or skinny jeans class (seriously), or whatever else they've got cooked up.

Anyway, one of the things Rob brings to his yoga practice is a specific thought or focus. Sometimes he revisits certain themes, and sometimes they're new. Yesterday's was: you only get old when you stop moving and stop learning. Of course you age - life is a terminal disease. But you only get OLD when you stop moving and learning. And though I've heard it before other places, I thought it was cool to hear it reinforced in a yoga class. And then I did a handstand and I was like !!$$! and then I fell over and I was like : (

Unrelated - this exchange w/ my co-worker:

ender: will solicit the ride there
case: yeah.
case: i would give you a lift if I were local.
case: i'm (not) there for you
ender: thanks buddy

No comments: