17 June 2010

Crafting the perfect pop song

I've been accused of having an unsophisticated taste in music. To which I say, yeah, well, so what?

If music sounds good to me I'll listen to it. Don't care if it's made for tweenage girls or thugs or whatever in between. I just want to hear a good hook. For example, how about some saccharine sweet pop courtesy The White Tie Affair? If you're wondering why you didn't get the original video, it's because it sucks. This pink lameness with the lyrics is far superior in that if you don't shrink it and get your listen on it'll annoy the shit out of you. Just listen to the harmonies. Sure it's cheesy, but so is a quesadilla and those things are gooooooood. I dare you not to like it. (Skot excluded - he's a music snob.)


1 comment:

thats SO britti said...

I'm the same way, I will listen to what I like, and if it's something catchy, and it happens to be by Miley Cyrus, then so-be-it. I'm glad that there are other people out there that aren't afraid to say it. I mean don't get me wrong I listen to more than the top 40 charts, but people are always going on and on about how bad the top 40 music is, and then when something like ... the climb comes on the radio, they sing along regardless haha.