05 July 2006

never thought I'd say this: thank God for France

i mean it, intrepid reader. thank the holy heavens for a good result against the portagees. I love their sexy maroon-colored uniforms and the talent that fop C. Ronaldo brings to the ball, but if i had to watch two teams I don't care about in the WC finals I might have spiraled into a flat-spin of depression and self-recrimination. as it is I hope that France beats Italy. and by "hope" i mean if it happens my head will certainly explode (again). expect henry to score in this game. he needs to score if they have a chance against Italy.

the guidos looked like sh*t in the early rounds, should have lost to Oz if those d-bags hadn't bumbled it away, and pummeled a mediocre ukrainian team. but now they look tough, esp. for a team (les blues) that doesn't score a lot of goals. why they don't score a lot of goals is a continuing mystery, but there it is.

France will be tired after two tough games, but I hope they'll come out with energy. it's the world cup final for pete's sake. just typing those words gives me goosebumps.

what else? I'm off the IR on friday, so I can run and play basketball and and kick the ball around this weekend for the first time in three months. get excited. i'll be stinking it up on courts and fields all over south county in no time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how bout a game of 1 v 1 on sat. spot you 10 in a game to 11.

z