30 June 2006

in my last two posts I covered racism and religion, so let's get back to what made me famous: biscuits


i've been off work all week and it's been great (except for the part where I had to strip the paint out of my master bathroom - that broke my spirit). in addition to going to the gym and hanging out by the pool, I have been making myself some delicious biscuits for breakfast. i only make two at a time, but I swear if I made 6 of them I'd eat all 6. they are that good. you don't even need to put butter on them. get to grocery, get involved.

in other news, the world cup games are on today and saturday. big game: france vs. brasil at 11ish on Saturday. you can get up early and watch the England vs. Portugal game, too. if you're into that. only one dog of a game: italy v. ukraine. that's a bust. oh well. 3 out of 4 aint bad.

i forgot to mention in my "critique" of that article on yahoo news about people giving W. Buffett a hard time for his philanthropic donation: I am a christian. but i'm not the sort of christian that thinks those people from the FRC and the catholic church should make policy for organizations like the WHO and the Gates foundation. AIDS is a huge problem in developing nations, but anti-abortion groups don't want to talk about real-world solutions (condoms) for these places. see my post on the frontline AIDS piece for more info.

love you.

No comments: