14 June 2006

glorious interweb, oh sweet ambrosia of interweb

i'm not a creative person. I can't draw, don't write music, and am generally crap at making stuff up. (i'm very good at making existing stuff better, but that's not the point for today.)

anyway, i appreciate the energies of creative people, even if I lack a similar gift. so when 37signals decides to release some new software or shareware, I'll check it out. if they start a blog, I'll check that out, too.

and if they sign up with some advertising network or whatever, then I'll give it a look, save it to my bookmarks, and maybe review it now and again, because that sort of thing is of interest to me. today I came across an interesting website called the Design Observer. good pictures, intelligent writing. I encourage you to review it, and alert anyone that might be interested.

this sort of fisheye exploration is the most effective learning tool there is. it's also an advertiser's wet dream.

what does all that have to do with my picture of some soldiers in afghanistan? nothing. I'll bet most of them wish they were back home instead of in some godforsaken rock garden, trying not to get killed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

indeed you are quite talented at making existing things better. I, on the other hand, tend to drive a series of small splinters into the seams of existing things such that the entity rips open and no-one (how the fuck do you spell that) knows but me. I digress to original point, I got an interview for that job...I feel the curtian is about the be pulled down to revel me for the fraud I am.

peace
b