16 June 2006

if it's not one thing, it's some other thing. that's just like the one thing that wasn't. but different

[ignoring the ill-advised bit of nonsense that I posted late last night and had the common decency to delete this morning. if you didn't see it, not to worry. you didn't miss anything. i deleted it first thing in the AM.

we're all glad we put that behind us. and by "put it behind us" I mean "can internalize it."]

there's this:
was on the phone w/ my buddy this week. the acoustics sounded like he was either calling from a jail cell, bathroom stall, or an office. I asked him, are you in the can right now?

he said, "oh, i'm in my office, baby. I'm a big deal."

me: yeah, i've got an office, too. so what?

him: i've got a door, it closes.

me: sure thing, me too.

him: i've got a window.

me: so do I

him: [silence]

me: I'm wearing shorts.

him: [brief pause] i've got a tie... which I loosened.

ahh, you kind of had to be there, but it was funny.
in other news, and i'm going to some sort of big concert thing in september. so that's something. gets me out of the house, anyway. i promise to take lots of really good pictures. if you know somebody in austin, tell them uncle case is coming to town, and i'm bringing my sense of adventure (in checked luggage, they won't let me carry it on ever since I had that... unpleasantness).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well harper, corporation and grils rock. not sure about the rest of em but good times. I like to go to blistering hot states, particurally in late summer. especially states where my tax dollars contribuite directly to killing who cant afford decent representaion, and indirectly to people dragging non-whites and gays behind cars till limbs fall off...but i hear austin's nice

b