28 June 2006

it's been too long, but I still love you


in case you were wondering what a cracker looked like, I give you Luis Aragones, the soon to be ex-coach of the spanish national football team. a couple years ago, in training for euro 2004, he called France's best player a "black piece of shit", telling one of his own players "are you going to let yourself get beaten by that black piece of shit?" yeah. that happened. and it was recorded for television. the spanish football federation's response? fine him about $3000, and tell him to stop it.

so when France beat Spain to advance to the round of 8 in this year's world cup, I celebrated. I ran in circles. I screamed and threw jabs at the television and flipped Aragones the double bird. repeatedly.

i might be taking this modern escapism thing a bit too far, but every four years, I think i'm okay. this is the world cup we're talking about.

want to go kick the ball around?

No comments: