31 July 2006

is the rehab going to cure him of his bigotry, too?


ahh, some stories just write themselves.
presumably Mel Gibson is really sorry he got hammered and took the car for a spin down PCH. me, if I feel like drinking tequila and getting some fresh air, I just walk around. or I resist the urge. I'm sure Mel has problems and etc. one of them is that he's a bigoted jerk, and I'm not sure that the rehab is going to help him with that.

it wasn't really fair to put his father, a holocaust denier, in the news. he's not famous. he's just the father of someone famous. and if he happens to be an idiot jerk, that's not news, is it?

but this latest thing, where Mel gets all carried away, I dunno. if you've got six hundred million dollars you ought to be able to insulate that sort of crazyness from the general public. and is your life really over if you get a DUI? i don't think so. after all, you've got six hundred million dollars. that can buy you a lot of leeway. it won't buy you some sense, though.

what a dick.

No comments: