11 July 2006

traveling, but euro style

[no graphic - i'm OOT]
maybe you noticed that the world cup ended?
I won't go into all the drama and unpleasantness that came at the end of the finals. My favorite player got himself thrown out. it was a classless move from a player that really should know better. people will be talking about it for the next 20 years (or more). it was that bad.

more importantly, I forgot to pack deodorant on my business trip to NorCal. oops. i'm rocking a very euro smell in the cube right now. very. euro. oh well. it's like camping. but i'm at the office. I'll wear the same pants to work tomorrow to emphasize the camping aspect.

in other news, I bought some new cds. i've noticed that my musical taste is embarassingly unsophisiticated. i always knew it, but it still makes me laugh. i make up for it by being pretentious about lots of other stuff (books, especially).

what i'm reading: Freakonomics, by S. Levitt. I'm re-reading it. if you're of a mind, i strongly suggest reading The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell first, and then Freakonomics. They are an excellent pair of books, w/ some content overlap.

last good movie I saw: V for Vendetta - what a bust I didn't see this movie when it was in theaters. i loved it. not sure why alan moore (the orig. writer) had his name taken off the project. maybe it didn't fit his vision.
I thought it was outstanding.

Incidentally, if you're bored in a bookstore (like if your girl can't find something to read), thumb through any of the Alan Moore graphic novels. they are superb.

that's a lot of writing for nothing very funny. I'll see what I can do. call my people. xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V for Vendetta? Supposodly its not to release on dvd till aug 1st.

interesting.

b