14 January 2011

Mistakes were made

Thought I'd save a few bucks and buy the cheapo store brand granola bars. They make for a nice snack when I'm sitting at the desk, solving problems. Usually the Quaker brand is on some kind of (so-so) discount, so you're not paying the full rate. The full rate is $4 a box, which was a good bit more than the $2.50 that these 'albertson' branded jobbies were going for.

Note that Albertson's logo didn't make it onto the actual bar; they package these little sawdust bricks in any old box and voila!

Point is, these bargain bars were complete shit. It's one thing to skip buying the spendy ones. Quite another to spend money on garbage. I'm going to put the second box out in the work common area for the vultures office team. They'll eat anything.

Big weekend: build a house for a needy family in TJ. Something to do, anyway. I'll try and take pictures but they'll look pretty much the same as last time (see profile photo for example). That's because I wear the clothes to TJ, wash them when I get home, and then put them aside until I go back to TJ and need to wear them again. Could wear them for dirty jobs and projects, but I avoid those assiduously, so no need. You care.

No comments: