10 January 2011

Get on the bike and ride; TJ housebuild

Above the clouds
Got a chance to get back on the bike this weekend. Finally.

Took it pretty easy on the run over Ortega. There was a lot of dirt in the road in spots, plus some standing water, new potholes (and gravel), and similar hazards. Overall it was a good riding day, if a bit cold. I was all bundled up but my Ducati-riding friend was really suffering. He was dressed for warm weather and the air was blowing right through his suit. I expect he'll wear an insulating, windproof layer under his suit next time.The funny thing about ventilated suits is that they aren't ventilated well enough to cool you when it's hot, but they do move plenty of air when it's cold and you want to be warm.

It was a fun day to take a picture, since the cloud layer on the east side of the hills started about 100 yards below the lookout point. I think my cellphone camera captured it really well. (hmm... maybe not)

My friend got a new camera and took some video, which  you can view here

Can't ride this weekend because it's the annual build-a-house-for-needy-family weekend in TJ. I skipped last year but I'm planning on being there this time. The work isn't very hard but you're in TJ and don't get to take a shower for 3 days and that's a drag. I don't mind the work, or camping, or getting up early, or the port-a-potty crappers, or the weather. No, I don't really mind any of that. What I hate is not being able to take a shower. On the other hand after only 3 days I get to go home and take all the showers I want. So there's that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

video might be a whole lot more interesting if the turned the camera around