04 January 2011

Get your listen on; also, I put the 'tard' in custard pie

Been a busy couple days now that I'm back at work. Work / gym / read / pass out. Repeat.

On the wagon until February. I don't drink that much anyway, so it's not a huge challenge. 

I made a custard pie over the weekend and it was retarded (hence putting the 'tard in custard pie - get it? honk!). I took a picture but a bad picture of an ugly dessert isn't acceptable blog material. I decided.

Last time I made a custard pie the crust didn't turn out, but at least it looked okay (it stuck to the bottom of the pan). This time I didn't have the sticking issue, I had a debacle. The custard part was delicious but the crust leaked and buckled and the custard got all underneath and around it and that was all she wrote. Rumor is my mom is sending me a recipe for a better crust which, when combined with an improved technique, will prevent this type of issue in the future. We'll see. That process involves pie weights and cutting in cold butter and all sorts of shit. It's tough for me to build my own crust because I'm living in reduced circumstances and my cooking equipment is in boxes in the garage. Anyway, I already read through two cookbooks worth of pie crust explanation, so I know where I went awry. Upside: I don't really care about the crust anyway; it's the custard I crave. And it was divine.

In related news. I like to listen to music when I cook. Usually dance mixes, but occasionally something more moody. Depends. Anyway, latest jamz come courtesy Big Cheese, and they are awesome. And free. Guy is called Girl Talk, and the record is called All Day. Get it for your own, and rock the party: http://www.illegal-art.net/allday/.  

I recommend downloading the MP3s as separated tracks to simplify navigation. It's intended to be heard in order, but (just as an example) if you have an ipod and turn it off, then back on, you get reset to the beginning of the most recent song. That's a bust if you're 30 minutes into a 70 minute piece, so: separated tracks, people. Ya hearrrrd me!

Unzip them to wherever you keep music for itunes and then Add to library. And get your dance on.

1 comment:

bsgarcia said...

the fcuking sickness