21 January 2011

37 is a prime number

Kept the headphones; retired the eurotrash haircut
One month (less one day) away from my 37th birthday. I start telling people I'm 'almost 37' a couple months before my actual birthday in an effort to make the transition easier.

It doesn't work.

Ze Newbs surprised me with this picture of yours truly staring out the window at the Andalusian countryside. I recall that I listened to Sigh No More the whole way. It's got to be one of the best staring-out-the-window-on-a-train-from-Seville-to-Madrid albums I've ever heard.

Not coincidentally, it was one of my favorite records of the year, eclipsed only by Girl Talk and Vampire Weekend. The VW record won out over Mumford & Sons because I thought it was better top to bottom.

But still:
Love it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be

No comments: