26 January 2011

1,024 posts; statins won't help but they might hurt; always pay your developers

Non-sequitur Motorcycle Photo
I am not much for anniversaries or milestones. I think they're pointless and arbitrary; celebrate every day and you don't have to make an effort every 365th day, or 10th year, or whatever. Also, we only celebrate the 5th and 10th of anything because we have 10 fingers, and that's silly. What's wrong with the 9th and 11th? Are they any less special? I'm saying no.

Still: 1,024 blog posts in the webspace. This thing might have legs. I'm adding about 1 reader per year, losing about one reader every other year. By the year 2312 I could 'monetize' this bitch and earn enough to maybe buy a cup of coffee. That is, if coffee didn't taste awful, make me jittery, upset my stomach, stain my teeth, and make me have to pee every 7 minutes.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I've got some posts that aren't motorcycle related, and also some posts that are, and some posts that aren't but will feature motorcycles in the photo, because all these words are tiresome. This is the latter type.

I found this article interesting: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2011/01/20/bad-news-for-statins-is-good-news/
The author has some comically wrong views about nutrition (fat, not so bad; sugar, very bad; I'll have mine with a side of idiocy) but his assessment of the value of taking medication that MIGHT help prevent you from having a medical problem, but MIGHT also cause other medical problems, is very interesting.

In other news, always pay your web developer. Otherwise he might take your site offline, as here: http://utilitybidder.co.uk/

The funny thing about it is he embedded a message for future developers, which I reproduce here, in the event the site ever gets their act together and pays their bills:

You may wonder why this site is offline, if you are reading the source then you are most probably a web developer that has been paid to change this. I put this here as the company in question broke our contract and left payments outstanding, as a last resort I put their site offline, what else could I do. Make sure you are paid up front, even if you have a contract, they aint worth shit.

No comments: