07 May 2008

John Mayer is cooler than me. Also: taller, better looking, rich, etc.


This was forwarded to me by a friend.

I always thought John Mayer was a douche, insofar as I thought anything about him at all. He's an outstanding guitar player, sure, but there's more of those around than you might expect (for real, there are amazing guitarists all over the place - it's both depressing and encouraging when you're shite).

As it happens, Mayer is surprisingly funny in addition to being tall, handsome, and super good at guitar. For example, he posted this picture on his blog and added the comment:

Today I set off on my newest project; to grow and maintain an authentic '80s style feathered haircut. It's something I've wanted to do for some time and I'm very excited to bring this amazing look into today's pop culture landscape. The feathered cut projects an attitude of ease and quiet confidence that seems to have all but eluded our generation.

This is a work in progress, and as my hair grows longer it will serve to become a more stirring and poignant statement.

I can't hate on the guy for being funny AND good at guitar. Can I?

No comments: