23 May 2008

If I lived in Portland I would go to this




Aaron James Draplin is the same guy that brought us field notes. Because you're not writing it down to remember it later, you're writing it down to remember it now. I am a fan of his industrial, high-function design aesthetic.

Subtlety is the hallmark of good design, but it's often the enemy of usability. Draplin isn't very subtle, but it's very easy to use/read. And it also looks cool.

All images lifted directly from Draplin's excellent website/blog.

Full disclosure: Several months ago I had a question about some stuff that I had ordered from him so I sent him an email. He (or someone very much like him, using his email address) got back to me in less than an hour. Because he "handles shit". Which was true. And funny.

No comments: