25 August 2006

i'm selling my turntables (for real this time)


the time has come.
it is hard to let go, but i don't mix records any more, I don't buy records any more, and I don't make time to mix records any more. they should belong to someone that will actually use them.

it's been so long I had to fire up the decks last night to make sure everything still worked (it does). in the process I got all emotional and and melancholy. it was weird. i'm not really into stuff if I don't use it; I tend to give it away, or throw it away. but selling the tables is really hard. music is like that. and buying vinyl is an addiction. it is very hard to let go.

if I didn't have another musical outlet, I don't think I could do it. but i'd rather have an electric guitar, because I know i'll play it. and I know I'll never sell it, because I don't want to do this again.

if you're interested, the deal is 2 technics SL-1200 M3D tables in like-new condition (includes original slipmats, dust covers, headshells, and counterweights), plus 2 Concorde DJ headshells w/ 2 extra stylii per headshell. a lot of people sell their tables, but a lot of people don't keep their gear as nice as I do. i'm talking spotless.
all that for $850.

No comments: