18 August 2006

dispatch from the north: get an intern to read that, pronto

the following is a copy of the front page of cnn.com. from the top story. just underneath that creepy picture of the pencil-necked child molester (about which more in a moment):

It's worse than a "he-said-she-said," because only one party is talking. John Karr, the man held in connection with the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, has been saying quiet a lot. But while his words are heavy on the drama, they're slight on the specifics. And the people in the know about DNA and his holiday whereabouts are keeping quiet.

did you notice anything odd about that first "quiet"?  oops. it's stuff like that makes me feel better about the work I do. at least, not so bad if I make a mistake. I don't mean a mistake in this caca. I mean a typo in something I publish at work. that's why they pay me the big bucks, after all.

re: creepy perv child molesters, this Karr guy is straight from central casting. he looks like he could star in his own TV movie. and the whole sordid Ramsey case is just sad. at least, it starts out sad, then it gets disturbing, esp. when you see the beauty pageant videos and the little girl is all tarted up. what was mom thinking? how can this be anyone's idea of a healthy good time? it just gets worse from there.

I think this Karr guy and the president of Iran should have a no-holds-barred battle-royale fight to the death. they're both minute. and incalculably disturbed. the winner can be proud of the fact that he rid the world of a despicable creature. in celebration, he gets to eat a hand grenade.

not much in the way of links again today. i got sh*t to do.
love you. I mean it.

No comments: