15 March 2010

It's the little things (pun intended)

Everyone has a different opinion on what the perfect day looks like. On Friday my perfect day looked like this:

1. Ride motorcycle to gym.
2. Work out.
3. Get oil changed at moto shop. (HELL YEAH MOTORCYCLES.)
4. Have lunch with my friend Steve at TK Burger (best burgers around).
5. Go to Steve's house and play with his baby Chase (pictured). No photos of me holding the baby, but I did, and he didn't cry. Also not pictured: me feeding the baby (I did that too - he was nice enough not to barf on me but I couldn't get him to burp).
6. Ride home, visit with dog, eat dinner, play xbox.
7. Go to bed.

Sure you can come up with better stuff like 'vacation in Hawaii' or 'strolling the Ponte Vecchio' or whatever else, but how often do you get to do that? I cooked up a great day just by getting out of bed. Which is kind of awesome. I felt very lucky.

Special bonus: Babies are fun and all but I'm really glad I don't have one. It's way better to show up, goof around with them, and then hand them off when they start to cry. Or smell bad. Which doesn't take long with a newborn, I noticed. I'm looking forward to teaching Chase jiu-jitsu. Can't wait for that.

No comments: