31 March 2010

He's on your side. Really.

Guy that works down the hall for me runs a headhunting business. He and his partner focus on placing executives and high-level professionals. He's kind of loud and they always have their door open so I can often overhear his conversations (except when I'm dominating with some kind of techno or trance awesomeness). Every time he hangs up the phone he says something unkind and/or profane about the person. And I mean every time. Recent real-world examples:

"Yeah that sounds great I'll get back to you in a week. [hangs up] Loser."

"Yes we're actively looking to place you. We've got some leads we're working on. Okay, talk soon. [hangs up] Jesus CHRIST what a f*cking BABY! How OLD are you? Do you want me to hold your hand? F*CK!"

"Yeah no problem, talk to you later. [hangs up] That guy sucks."

"You're at the top of our list. I've got some calls out so I'll get back to you, uh huh, thanks. [hangs up] Unemployable f*ck. No wonder he doesn't have a job."

Sooo... that happens.

No comments: