14 February 2011

Such a thoughtful gift!

I did <3 that I was number 07
For Valentine's Day my girlfriend decided to give me day at the track.

Wait, that's not right...

If I HAD a girlfriend, then a day at the track would have made a wonderful gift. Or a fun opportunity for her to catch up on her reading while I sped around the track in Fontana. Plenty of opportunities for quality time in between sessions. And during the car ride out there. And the car ride home.

Instead I flew solo. So it goes.

Pretty good day for my first track experience. My lap times were slow. One good thing about being so slow is that there are many places to pick up time, lots to work on. So, silver lining there. Overall the bike performed great.

I didn't get on the gas aggressively enough, or brake hard enough, or turn fast enough, to turn fast laps. In other words the best place to pick up time is: everywhere. My line and body position improved though. Next time my goal is to bring lap times down AND hold a crisp, consistent line. It'll probably be a couple months before I can go again. The track is popular, and they only reserve certain days.

1 comment:

Shannon Green said...

I don't understand why you don't have a girlfriend. You bake. You read. What more could a girl want??