01 February 2011

The people have spoken - part 3 (4?)

hawt secks to my eyeballz: http://metricmotorbike.com/
I enjoy that people come to this space and share their comments. So I like to respond to the comments. Not in a timely manner, but still, we get to them eventually. So:

From the Art of making me cry in public spaces, Erin says:

I did the same thing. Got that book from someone and then cried like a baby on an airplane while reading it. Blair made fun of me.....

To which I respond:
Shame on Blair! He should read the book and try not to cry. It's tougher than you think. Upside: Rocky loves you more than anything in the world. So there. To be fair, B is one of the kindest people I've ever met, so it's likely that his making fun of you was funny instead of mean. If he did it to me I would just hug him until he couldn't stand it any more. Love FTW!


From Work got done, Shannon (NMSNSS) says in BOLD, and my comments in plain text:
I'm always amazed at how comfortable everyone gets discussing their most personal bodily functions on a mission trip.

Breakfast conversations often center around the consistency and frequency of last night's eliminations.

That's just fun.


Is it? It was something. I dunno about fun. :) But camping / working in Foreign Lands really brings that to your attention. I noticed that some people were clearly not comfortable with the discussion. I didn't mind it, but I didn't really participate. On the other hand, I am a guy, and I live with a guy, and we are total bros, so we talk about shit all the time. If the roommate has to dump out you better believe he tells me about it. Otherwise what would we talk about?

My husband and I have been on trips to Central America to drill water wells for villages without access to clean drinking water.

That is actually kind of awesome and bad ass. For real. I worked on a drill rig one summer in Fargo, North Dakota. I think that anyone with a terminal illness should move to Fargo, because every day there feels like forever. Working on a clean-water well rig would be awesome. And also miserable. Awesomely miserable? Miserably awesome? More awesome than miserable? Yes!

Check out Living Water International at http://www.water.cc. You would like what they do. You could get new blisters AND a lovely rash from being covered in drilling mud all day.

But...it's a good thing to do.


I will go if Blair goes. Seriously.
Buddy trip!

------
Photo courtesy http://metricmotorbike.com/, which rebuilt this fantastic motorcycle and then sold it for the fantastically low price of $3200. Of all the other fantastic things about this motorcycle (and there are many), my favorite is that you OR your girl would look cool while riding it. And it's not too big, which means that your girl could actually ride it comfortably.

No comments: