01 March 2011

Reader responses and related random ruminations



Brilliant reader Shannon (NMSNSS), heretofore best known for a) living in Louisiana, b) crushing me at Words with Friends, and c) writing thoughtful responses to posts in which she can only be moderately interested (at best),* says:

I don't understand why you don't have a girlfriend. You bake. You read. What more could a girl want??

To which I respond, what indeed? Well, quite a lot, as it turns out.
I've given this question some consideration. I'm single for several reasons. In no particular order:
  • Girls can be tedious, and I can be impatient
  • I won't date just to have someone around, and I'd rather be in no relationship than a lame relationship.
  • I may have a delusional sense of self (there exists the possibility that I am not as awesome as I think I am; this is unlikely, but possible)
  • The girls I've been interested in weren't interested in me, and vice versa (this is the most important factor, by a lot)
 If I do ever date a girl for any length of time, then I will totally play that song in the video for her. It's so sweet! Awwww...

* This is in contrast to Lovely Reader Erin, who enjoys the blog but "skips anything related to motorcycles", which, if you're keeping score, is quite a lot. Also, some of the content has a motorcycle photo, but may not actually be about motorcycles. I mentioned this to her but she remains unaffected. She thinks the blog needs more dog photos.

1 comment:

Erin said...

This is especially funny because when you posted about Lululemon just before this, I thought "this is a post that I get" even though it was about hot girls. I can always appreciate a post about clothes. Plus, I agree that yoga girls are hot.