09 April 2010

See what I did there?

My roommate's dog was found at the dump, taken to a shelter, and later adopted by his then-wife. The woman that found the dog at the dump contacted him recently to check in on the dog. (I think that's weird and intrusive but I used to volunteer at the local animal shelter and believe me when I tell you that 'weird' is just the tip of the iceberg for these people.)

The dog is awesome. She spends too much time alone but she's about as good a dog as you will get: affectionate, friendly, loves meeting new people. She's a wee bit clumsy and rough but that's not ever going to get any better because she lives with two guys and we don't care if she knocks stuff over. Also she's a bit chewy so don't leave any delicious items (shoes, socks, shirts, pillows) lying about unattended. And if she eats her treats off the countertop then it's your fault for putting them in easy reach, isn't it?

So the woman called and he told her how he wasn't really a fan of adopting another dog (they already had one), and it was really his wife that wanted her but "it worked out, because the bitch is gone but I still have the dog."

Indeed.

No comments: