30 April 2010

I love maps*


Loved this map of Paris from a Slate editor contributor article something or other. I'm not sure it gives you all the information you need, but it definitely makes an effort at communicating the information that you want, which is the most important thing about any map.

Side note: When I went to Paris with my friend Jeff he was in charge of finding us a place to stay. One night only, should be easy, right? He ended up doing some social networking and finding a friend of a friend who was, and I am not kidding, a North African drug dealer that lived in Montmartre. (Thus attesting to this maps accuracy, then and now.) As it happens the N. African D. Dealer was too busy to host us so we had to go with Plan B: a different socially-networked med school student who was a pleasant combination of 1. not a drug dealer, and 2. ridiculously good looking. So that worked out.


*Actually true.

No comments: