28 April 2010

It's the little things (part II)

Visited with my friend James yesterday. He come over to play xbox and unfortunately he was able to press the touchdown button a lot more often than I was. I won the first game but wasn't able to sustain my effort and ended up losing the second game by a couple touchdowns.

The 49ers are so fucking bad at protecting the quarterback I can't even explain it in words. And their secondary sucks, too, which is why my friend was nice enough to send me the attached picture first thing this morning. At least I have Frank Gore on my team. Without him it would have been even worse. *sigh*

It was a wonderfully ordinary day. You can't ask for much more than that. But don't take my word for it. Consider this story from a cancer survivor:

One thing I don’t ever think to say: When I was told I had a year or two, I didn’t want anything one might expect: no blow-out trip to the Galápagos, no perfect meal at Alain Ducasse, no defiant red Maserati. All I wanted was ordinary life back, for ordinary life, it became utterly clear, is more valuable than anything else.

-----------
Thanks for reading.

No comments: