31 August 2007

personal bests; also, losing

FYI: I hate to lose. at anything. Sometimes it's not so bad, but it's never good. sooo...

First game yesterday in the 7v7 Irvine outdoor co-ed soccer "A" league.

It didn't go well. We got spanked 11-0 and it could have been worse. Even the other team's not-good mascot was scoring goals. (You can always identify that player because every time he does anything the girls on his team cheer waaaay too loudly - I felt awkward for him even though we were getting our asses kicked. He really wasn't bad, either, so I don't know what all the fuss was about.)

The other team was good. My team is not. Supposedly we played one of the top teams in the league. That's a comfort. When I take a beating next time it'll be from one of the mid-level teams, and I won't feel as bad. wait, what?

It's hard to be friendly when you're taking a beating like that. As the manager pointed out, the girls on the other team were really hot. I said I didn't notice at the time because we were getting embarrassed, but he was right. I think the manager was more interested in flirting with the girls on the other team than our crummy loss. Maybe because he was out with a knee injury and sat on the sidelines daydreaming about how much better the game would have gone if he were in it (fact: not much better). It's different when it's happening to you.

we get a bye next week, and play again on 13 september. I'll keep you posted.
-------------------------------
speaking of keeping you posted, this post sets a new record for one month of output. or maybe it was the last post. whatever. thanks for reading.
love you --c-

No comments: