29 August 2007

coudal partners missed connections contest : winners (not me); plus, new photog contest


A while back I entered a writing contest for Coudal Partners. I did not win. You can see my entry here. The four winners were pretty good, but one stood out. With thanks to Coudal Partners (trademark owners of the logo at left, I added the text) and winning author Doug Cordes, here's my favorite:

It's time to come clean about my dirty little secret...I walk by you twice a day...you're always moving and shaking for someone else, but i need you-you seem to have a purifying spirit... I have a window into your soul, seeing through your galvanized exterior and exposing all your dirty laundry... you obviously struggle with other people's problems, but I can help you unload... not looking for anything long-term, maybe 20 - 30 mins. So if you want to see my unmentionables, let me know... I'll bring the quarters.

------------------------------------------

The NEW contest is photography. Sadly, my new camera isn't available yet. Can I work some magic w/ the point and shoot? We'll see. I'll post the efforts here.
The rules:

Remember when you did that trick where you had someone stand near the camera and hold out her hand with the palm facing up, and then you had another person stand a lot further away and positioned him in just the right place so it looked like the first person had a tiny little dude in her hand?

Well do that again. Or some similar sort of in-camera trick and then send a link to the photo to perspective at coudal dot com. We'll pick the most inventive ones and send the Grand Prize Winner a completely complete Jewelboxing Studio ($764) and the runners up will each get some exciting, but not that exciting, prize. No Photoshop trickery allowed and keep in mind if we really like your image we'll want to post on the Coudal.com cover page and our main image shape is horizontal. That is all. Contest ends September 7th.

No comments: