29 August 2007

everyone's got their something; or "This guy had a hard workout"


when you have a crummy day, your peeps will offer all kinds of support. Some of them will pray with you, some will tell you that they will come over to keep you company, others will share similar past experiences, whatever.

In a small way, the things your peeps do says something about what they look for when they're having a hard time. It led to the following exchange with one of my closest friends:

me: I'm not doing so good today.
friend: what happened?
me: *&*&@#%^!!***#@??!!!!!
friend: that sucks. do you want me to send me a picture of j-man? [friend's dog]
me: no.
friend (hurt): awwwwwwwwww... meanie!
me: okay. send the picture.

and after I got it, i felt a little better.
----------------------------------------
Another example that I loved was when my friend J-Jo was having a slow day. he needed a pick me up so he emailed Sam (he of the too-cute engagement photos) and said, i need a pick me up. Instead of encouraging words, Sam emailed him the music file for the theme from Superman. Awesome.

No comments: