02 August 2007

it's been a crazy, busy week

They're cracking down over at the Fremulon offices, so I haven't had a chance to do any blog posting. I'm important. It happens.

But I'm back now and lots has happened. Bill Walsh died, and that wasn't funny. He was a cerebral, intelligent football coach, some say the first of that type. I think that's overstating things a little, but there's no doubt he was a smart guy, with a fair eye for talent, and a master motivator. He wasn't one to let emotion cloud his judgement, as when he let Joe Montana leave for the Kansas City Chiefs. (That was a turning point in my sport fandom, when I realized that rooting for a particular team was what Seinfeld called "cheering for laundry, one jersey over another.")

In any case, Bill Walsh knew he had another pretty good quarterback that was ready to enter the prime of his career. Thus Steve Young began winning football games for the 49ers. Voila, or, as i've seen it spelled recently "wa-la!"

More posts soon. I went mountain bike riding and crashed. No harm done, but i did a front flip over the handlebars into a ditch. And Barry Bonds should hit his record-breaking home run soon, which will prompt much hand-wringing and self-righteous blather from the scribes, which I will then lampoon in my inimitable style. Get excited. and maybe something about what an idiot Dick Vitale is, just for kicks.
thanks for reading.


ps. i suck at guitar. a lot. so I will post about that, too.

No comments: