28 August 2007

mama told me there'd be days like this...

[unfunny post ahead - read this or this if you want some laughs]
today was not my favorite day.
got some good advice from a friend w/ a positive mental attitude. He suggested I try to find something I learned from my crummy experience. so here's what I learned today, in numerical order, just for poops and chuckles:
  1. what goes around comes around.
  2. Overrated: my toughness. Underrated: my sex appeal
  3. You can listen to Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel 10 times in a row and it's still awesome. For more info, go here, here, or here.
  4. God humbles the proud.
  5. blah
  6. I have a large network of very good friends.
  7. I read in a formulaic (though entertaining) fantasy book that friends are essential because when you share your joy it's multiplied, but when you share your pain it's divided. I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense. tested the second part today and it turned out to be right.

That's it. hilarity and photos are coming back soon. I know, these intermediate posts aren't what you're here for. I'll have something good by the end of the week. I'm playing in an adult soccer league, first game Thursday. I'm not good at soccer, so post-game analysis will be rad.

1 comment:

Sam Outlaw said...

8: your wisdom: underrated, your years: overrated (you're wise beyond your years my good man ;-)