08 November 2006

praying the gay away: does it work?


was there some kind of election yesterday? I don't know. I was busy working. in other news, my new favorite entrant in the Hypocrite Hall of Fame is losing a key member of his counseling team. it turns out that the only person that actually lives in his home town doesn't have time to help him. That's a setback for him, because nobody is better at praying the gay away than James Dobson. that's him in the picture, and if he looks a little bit like Hitler to you, it is purely coincidence. Or providence.

here's an example sentence from a recent posting from my favorite professional christian:

The California Legislature, which is controlled entirely by gay activists and radical liberals, is able to sit in planning meetings and dream up whatever suits their fancy.

no sh*t? damn, I had no idea. And I live in California. plus I thought the Governor was a Republican...?

What's great about Dobson's "subersive gay agenda message" is that they have magazines for Christian public schoolteachers that explain, among other things, how to bring Christ to the classroom without your admin boss finding out. [really, they do.] I'm pretty sure they don't have that kind of information in gay-centered mags. I don't know. we should ask Ted Haggard.

Could be that Dobson quit because he figured out his strategy of introspection, study, prayer, and social pressure wasn't going to work on Sexy Ted. Maybe because if you're already married, with five kids, and the public figurehead for a huge evangelical church and you're SCORING CRYSTAL METH AND HAVING GAY SEX ON THE SIDE then social pressure and prayer will not help. maybe.

No comments: