30 March 2006

taking sketchy pervyness to a whole new level (not me); plus, did you make out?

so I work at an office that's fairly standard in my office experience. there's the usual cute receptionist girl at the front desk; sales guys talking on their gay star trek earpieces ("buy buy! sell sell sell!"); the shady corporate real estate guy I run into down at the bar sometimes (not wearing his wedding ring, hitting on girls); the regular guy that swings by my office to talk about his kid, his family, football; and the hot women from the HR staffing company (alas, uninterested in me in anything but a professional capacity).

there's also the older creepy perv, an older character common in any office environment. but this guy has taken old creepy perv to a whole new level. now, i'm no spring chicken at 32, but this OCP is a good 2x my age if he's a day. here's what happened:
I walk up to the front desk at about 1530 and the girl is answering the phones (as per usual), and the creepy perv is handing her a small shotglass of clear liquid (definitely not as per usual). has to be water, because what else could it be? he gives me a funny look and scuttles away, and the girl looks at me and says, "don't worry, i'm not drinking it." I look confused because she says, "really, i'm not; I don't drink at work." I said, "was that booze?" she says, yeah, tequila, he has a bar in his office and he thinks i like to drink, so he brings me a shot EVERY DAY. all I could say to her was "ooooookay. that's disturbing."

WTF? brings you a shot of booze? just to get you through the day? what's next, he's going to ask you to sit on his lap? ugh, so creepy.

and also...
i'm on the phone with a close friend, catching up. I ask if he's got any ladies, or any prospects. he says, well, kind of - I went on a date last night but she drinks too much. me: huh? he says, she told me a story about how she got so drunk last weekend in [unnamed city] that she fell on her face, then she went out and kept drinking.
Me: wow, sounds like a keeper. great story to tell on a first date, btw. did you make out?
him: no, she still has a couple scabs on her face from where she ate shit.

ouch! double ouch! love you too!
thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if your buddy is going to pass on that chick, do you think i could get her number? i kind of have a thing about scabs. thanks.

z

p.s. make it quick. depending on how fast of a healer she is i might not have much time.