20 March 2006

it's that easy: get back with your ex!

every now and then I discover something so superb, so delicious, and so damn AWFUL that I have to post it on the blog for everyone to see. immediately if not sooner.

today's little gem comes from exback.com, which is a website devoted to "getting back" your ex-boyfriend or -girlfriend. full disclosure: I was in a relationship a while ago and I was bummed when it didn't work out. I did some venting on the interweb, but I never thought to search for ways to "get her back." I guess i just wasn't brokenhearted enough. or maybe I realized, deep down, that as much as I liked her she wasn't the right girl for me. probably a little of both. moving on, let's take a closer look at this website and its proven techniques...

ignoring the sales stuff at the top, let's get to the section that says:
"Please don't do any of this..."

The scary thing is that the natural reaction people have when they try to get back together with their ex is actually pushing their ex's further away... even though it seems like the right thing to do!

Have you tried any of the following to get your ex back:
  • Telling your ex you love them over and over? [no. I told them I was in love with someone else, but that didn't work, either.]

  • Apologizing and swearing that things will be different from now on? [apologizing? different? how about, promising that things will be the same, but better?]

  • Using money, kids, jealousy, or some other kind of manipulative leverage to "force" them to come back? [using money is what pimps do. so yes, I have done that.]

  • Acting depressed so that your ex will feel bad for you and come back? [acting depressed? who was acting?]

  • Giving your ex reassurance that you have changed so they should try again? [if by "changed" you mean "gotten fat because I have been drinking heavily" then yeah, for sure.]

  • Trying to reason and argue with them about why they should give the relationship another chance? [no, I have never tried to reason w/ a woman, because that is like trying to smell the color blue: impossible, and crazy.]
The thing goes on and on about how to get back with your ex and repair your relationship. It could be really good, but there's no way I'm going to put $24 in this guy's pocket.
this is his PPS to the whole thing:

P. P. S. Don't be frustrated and confused for another day. Just CLICK HERE to get started now.

yeah, no more frustration and confusion in relationships for only $24? cheap at twice the price! sign me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this guy is not as dumb as you might think. He saw a niche and filled it. Several times in my life, sad as it might be, I would have easily parted with 60 bucks to be proactive about somthing that is hopeless. In essence that is what this guy is selling... hope. When all is said and done that might not be such a bad thing.

b

Anonymous said...

I needed a laugh today, and you have amply provided such, thank you. The little bon mot "like trying to smell the color blue" was my favorite.