09 May 2014

Friday is Hugs Day

Whatcha doin? Nuffin. Just hanging out. (HONK)
You know how we feel about sloths around here: they are awesome. They evolved to give trees hugs. If you don't love that then I don't know you.

Bumped into this bucket of hugs a while back and never got a chance to post it. Don't you want to pick one of those living bug carpets and feed it delicious leaves? Yeah you do.

Today is my last day at old job. 14.5 years is a long time but I won't miss it. New job starts Monday. Pumped.  Would have liked a break but I have work to do. Let's get to it.

Brief note on the career change: I am now a Presales Consultant, aka Sales Consultant, aka Sales Engineer (at my company it's "Presales Consultant"). I support Sales guys in a technical role, provide the customer with the solution and then the Sales guy works out the financial side of the deal (contracts, pricing, etc). My job emphasis is on the "technical win", presenting to the customer and positioning the solution effectively. The Sales guy can schmooze, I'm the answer guy. Can't share where I work because it's a public, customer-facing role and I prefer to remain somewhat anonymous. Because: internet. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

bsgarcia said...

i like answer guys.