11 January 2014

Throwback Thursday (early) - The Last Best Time

The bulk of this post has been kicking around for a while. I wrote the original draft 6 March 2013, about 2 months after Reese died.

Hat tip to Big Cheese for the awesome jam.

It's not a coincidence that my Soundcloud profile name is SweetMeatball. That girl loved, loved, loved to dance.

Anyway, the post:
----------------
----------------


Before I said goodbye to Reese, about 10 days before she died, we had our Last Best Time.

She and I danced to this song. She was so happy. I cradled her in my arms and sang to her while she licked my face. When I got tired I put her down and she chased me around until I picked her up again. We listened to it twice in a row. 8 minutes of love and joy.

We had more good times before she left us, but that one stands out to me.

As Best Times go it could have been better. By then Ambra and I knew that Reese was very sick. We both cried while we smiled. I'll never forget it.

No comments: