17 July 2009

Video and text aren't matchies


Who said the video and text had to go together? I got my bike back yesterday. That took a lot longer than it needed to since the shop had let the battery die and (more egregiously) let me ride it away with a dead battery so that it stalled out and died after I got about a 1/4 mile down the block. Mmm... summer in Santa Ana... who wants to push a 400 lb. motorcycle in boots/jeans/jacket/gloves/helmet/backpack? I could have taken the gloves off and maybe the jacket, I guess, but there was nowhere to put my super fancy helmet. So I walked it back. Bikes don't roll all that well, btw, and although there's roughly the same amount of sharp bits on my motorcycle as there are on a bicycle, they stick out farther, and that's a crucial point when you're muscling the bike up a small hill and want to get your weight over the middle of it so you don't tip over. Footpegs become your bitter enemy. As do previously inconsequential changes in terrain.

Eventually we got it sorted and now I'm back to riding again. Need to get the decals off the bodywork. They're ugly. Besides that all's well that ends well. See you on the road.

No comments: