01 July 2009

Canadia Day


I was all set to write something snarky about our neighbors to the north and then I got an email from my friend in NYC. (Or as I like to call it, the 'big apple turnover'.) Not sure if it's original work but I'm too lazy to check sooooooo... take it away Sonia and JB:
-------------------------
From: Sonia
This guy I work with is Canadian and he sent this out today…I don’t know why I found it so funny but I thought you might enjoy it…

------------------------

From: JB
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:15 AM
Subject: Canada Day - Fact #1

Contrary to popular belief, the national animal of Canada is not the polar bear, moose, weak-ass caribou, or lynx; but rather, it is the mighty beaver. Although we got off to a rough start by hunting them and skinning them for their fur, we are over that little misunderstanding and we embrace them as a symbol on our money and stamps. To anyone who does not believe that the beaver would defeat a bear in a deathmatch, I would like to present youtube evidence, but unfortunately nobody has posted their video yet. But believe me, while the beaver looks peaceful and calm, it would be able to chop down the bear in much the same manner it gnaws through the majestic maple tree. The beaver is all the more impressive when you consider that they were the first land mammal to build submarine shelter, beating out humans, likely by thousands of years, not to mention that no other animal excluding us engineers its own shelter as extensively out of sticks and mud. So on this day we not only celebrate the birthday of Canada but also one of its heroic symbols of domination over nature.

Happy Canada Day!

J.B.

No comments: