10 February 2009

I wish I had some good news


It's dumb and bummer over here so I haven't had a whole lot to share.
I remain an international financier (via Kiva) so here's a recent update from the person I loaned money to:

Liliane Sagbohan is not sure by how much her revenue has increased, but she is sure that it has improved over the past 3 years since she started receiving loans. Liliane sells many different products -- couscous, coffee, oil, and mayonnaise, just to mention a few. She has sold for over 11 years, and before that she was a hairstylist. She uses her revenues to care for her children and herself, and to continue to replenish her stocks. In the future, she would like to have a nicer shop.

I hate to complain about the quality of an update from a person I'll never meet in a country I've never heard of, but "before that she was hairstylist"? Come on people. At least they managed to let me know that she uses her revenues to care for her children. That's something. And the loan is improving her quality of life.

In unrelated news, the photo illustration comes from tebe_interesno. I have no idea what that means, but he's from Moscow, Russia and you might enjoy his portfolio, or a collection of his work on toxel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you find this stuff?

really.

I am asking.