02 September 2008

Politics are good for you

We're political today. If you want your blog experience to be more light-hearted and obnoxious, come back in 24 hours.
thx.
---------------------------------------------------

I've been busy but things are settling down. Last week was the big event for Barack Obama, this week it's John McCain. I don't much care for the conventions because it's just a big political jerkoff, but I was glad to see that Joe Lieberman spoke for John McCain. Nice work, shitbag. And then GW gave McCain a ringing endorsement. I'd expect people to figure out that 8 years of bad leadership should not be followed up by 4 years of someone that thinks the past 8 years were good, but the US public already elected GW twice, so there's no accounting for taste.

In other news, Ron Paul had a big rally. I don't know who he is. Apparently he's against "big government", but that's just an excuse to roll back social programs. I'm all for cutting taxes and responsible spending, but before we eliminate social programs (fuck the poor!) maybe we should cut back a bit on our national defense budget. Because we spend more on national defense than EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER. I'm going to write that again three times in case you missed it:

We spend more on national defense than EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER.

We spend more on national defense than EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER.

We spend more on national defense than EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD PUT TOGETHER.

I'd rather keep the social programs because I'm more concerned about the kid that grows up without a family or proper leadership and turns to crime than I am about terrorists. Because I've never seen a terrorist, but I see the kids that didn't get a proper education all the time.

No comments: